The Author Guidelines of “Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial” since the publication year of 2015 (online)
Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial is a high-quality open- access peer-reviewed research journal published by the Faculty of Sharia, Institut Agama Islam Negeri Madura, Pamekasan, East Java, Indonesia. The focus is to provide readers with a better understanding of Islamic Jurisprudence and Law concerning plurality and living values in Indonesian and Southeast Asian society by publishing articles and research reports.
Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial specializes in Islamic Jurisprudence and Indonesian as well as Southeast Asian Islamic Law and aims to communicate original research and relevant current issues. This journal warmly welcomes contributions from scholars of related disciplines. Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial has been available online since June 1st 2015. This journal is indexed in DOAJ, DIMENSION, Indonesia Publication Index (IPI), Google Scholar, Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD), and SINTA 1 (Accredited by the Directorate General of Research And Development of the Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia Number 158/E/KPT/2021).
It aims primarily to facilitate scholarly and professional discussion over current developments on Islamic Jurisprudence and Law concerning Indonesian and Southeast Asian plurality and living values. Publishing articles exclusively in English and Arabic since 2018, the journal seeks to expand boundaries of Indonesian and Southeast Asian Islamic Law discourses to access broader English or Arabic speaking contributors and readers worldwide. Hence, it welcomes contributions from international legal scholars, professionals, representatives of the courts, executive authorities, researchers, and students.
Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial basically contains topics concerning Jurisprudence as well as Indonesian and Southeast Asian Islamic Law society. Novelty and recency of issues, however, are the priority in publishing. The range of contents covers established Jurisprudence, Indonesian and Southeast Asian Islamic Law society, local culture, and various approaches on legal studies such as comparative Islamic law, political Islamic Law, sociology of Islamic law and the likes.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree) and the affiliation address of the author should also be at the center text alignment under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and his/her name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon numbering three to five words. Additionally, Indonesian title of the article, if any, should be stated in English.
The responsible or corresponding author’s name must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. Communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the corresponding author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s names should be written down separated by comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Friedman, 2008). For each data retrieval or quoted from other references, the author must write the reference source. References or citations are written in the description/text by the author's name and the year (Irwan & Salim, 1998). If there are more than two authors, just write the name of the first author followed by “et al.” (Bezuidenhout et al., 2009; Roeva, 2012). All references in the text must be listed in the References section and vice versa, all written in the References should be cited in the text (Wang et al., 2011).
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. To check the possibility of plagiarism, please use the Turnitin application. The article must below 20% of plagiarism. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded at the home page of Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial website and are available in MS Word (*.doc/*.docx) format.
- The manuscript online submission procedure is available at online submission guidelines at the next parts.
- Any inappropriate manuscript with Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial writing guidelines will get returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (1) the title of the article, (2) the author’s name (no academic title), (3) the affiliated author’s address, (4) the author’s email (5) the abstract and the keywords, (6) the introduction, (7) the research method (8), the research findings and discussion (9), the conclusion (10), the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Writing Methods, Result, Discussion, and Conclusion) should be numbered in the Arabic order starting from one. The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without underline. The next expanded subtitles should be in the bold and sentence case format using the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The manuscript can be in either English or Arabic with the standard language. The body of paper must be elaborated between 6500 - 7.000 words (maximum) including abstract, references and footnotes, written in Book Atiqua Style, size: 11, line spacing: single. The article is on B5-sized papers (176x250 mm.) with custom margins as follows: left 40 mm, right 30 mm, bottom 30 mm and top 40 mm.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are in Italic format. Each paragraph starts 11 mm from the left side border and there is no space among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and figures are placed in the text group. Each figure and table must be given a title and a caption below them and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the figure or table title above it. The figure attachment should be guaranteed well printable (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The figure, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in the capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 13pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be within 250 words maximum and followed by four to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
Methods: The method aims to solve problems, including analytical methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: Discussion and Result be written in a same part. They should be presented continuously start from the main result until supporting results and equipped with discussion. Figures and tables (if any) should be put in the same part of this section.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advices. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusion should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advices contain suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
Bibliography: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part and must be taken from primary sources (75% from all the references) published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references.
5. The Guidelines for Literature Reviews, Citations and References
Authors are suggested to cite several articles from Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial. All the presented data or quotes should attach the reference sources. The references and literature review should use Mendeley reference application manager. The writing format in Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial follows the format applied by Chicago Manual Citation Style:17th Ed.
6. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text submission must be through these following steps:
- Firstly, register as either an author or reviewer (check the role as author or reviewer) in the “Register” bottom.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as author then click at “New Submission” column. The article submission stage consists of five stages, namely: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Meta data, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, choose Journal Section (Full Article) and check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” column, upload the manuscript files in MS. Word format.
- In the “Enter Metadata” column, fill in with all of the author data and affiliation, including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” column, upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else (if any).
- In the “Confirmation” column, click “Finish Submission” if the data entered are all correct.
If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact Al-Ihkam: Jurnal Hukum dan Pranata Sosial editorial team at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.