About the Journal
Focus and Scope
PANYONARA Journal of English Education, known as the Journal which publishes articles in the field of ELT from various perspectives, covering both literary and fieldwork studies. It publishes manuscripts within the fields of teaching English as a second or foreign language, English language teaching and learning, English language teachers' training and education. Furthermore, the journal puts on aspects related to any kind of problems found in the process of classroom teaching and learning of English, dealing with methods, techniques, or strategies used by the teachers in their teaching-learning process
Peer Review Process
The journal follows a peer-review policy. The paper is sent to many reviewers (the experts in the respective field) to review the paper in light of the journal's guidelines and the features of a quality research paper. For papers that require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
The journal follows a systematic review and publication policy:
Step - 1: The submitted manuscript is acknowledged within 12-24 hours upon receipt.
Step - 2: The manuscript/ paper is sent to many reviewers (paper without the name and affiliations of the author(s). The review process takes a maximum of two weeks.
Step - 3: The review reports are collected from the reviewers and the executive editor will send the review reports to the authors including all terms and conditions of the publication.
Step - 4: If the paper is accepted subject to modification, the executive editor will send the review reports to the author/corresponding author including a formal request to modify the paper by seven days as per the suggestions of the reviewers. The Executive author will send the modified paper to the same reviewers of the said paper to justify the modifications. If the paper is again returned by the reviewers, the paper is said to be finally rejected. The journal will not proceed with the said paper. However, in the case of very minor changes, the editorial board may consider the paper for further modifications.
Step - 5: The accepted paper is processed for publication (soft copy) upon the successful completion of the Journal's terms and conditions.
Step - 6: Proof Reading. The executive editor will send the processed paper for publication (MS Word) to the author/Corresponding author for proofreading.
Step - 7: The paper is published online first. The executive editor will notify the author/corresponding author about online publication with a necessary download link. The author/corresponding author may request for any correction in published paper (in the case of extremely important changes) within one week of online publication.
Step - 8: The journal is published in print within one until two weeks of online publication.
Step - 9: The executive editor will ask the authors of the published papers to send their correct and complete mailing address (with proper ZIP Code and Postal Code) by one week after print publication.
Step - 10: The executive editor will send the hard copy of the PANYONARA: Journal of English Education if possible to the authors within one or two months after print publication.
This work is licensed by Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All articles published in Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
Article Publication Charge
PANYONARA: Journal of English Education does not charge authors fees for article submissions, processing, and publication.
PANYONARA: Journal of English Education is strongly against any case of plagiarism. Therefore, all authors should ensure that the content of the manuscript is original.
Every manuscript submitted to PANYONARA: Journal of English Education will be screened for its plagiarism by using TURNITIN software. The similarity percentage allowed in this journal for further process is not more than 25%. A submitted manuscript that has a similarity percentage of more than 25% will be returned to the author for revision.
- Panyonara: Journal of English Education was conceived in 2019 to accommodate all issues around English Language Teaching. Panyonara was adopted from the Madurese word with the meaning ‘enlight or brighten.' With this philosophy, it is expected that the Journal will facilitate and accommodate issues around ELT and enlighten scholars about education, especially in teaching English, problems, and solutions dealing with teaching English, and innovation in English teaching methodology and technology.
- Panyonara: Journal of English Education, is published twice a year periodically in March and September. However, the first publication is in September 2019 since Panyonara Journal got a decision letter (SK) of Electronic ISSN on 18 September 2019. Therefore, it is slightly possible to publish two issues in the first year of publication.
- Panyonara: Journal of English Education got a decision letter (SK) of Electronic ISSN (E-ISSN), number 0005.2686-2328/JI.3.1/SK.ISSN/2019.09 (edition of Vol. 1 No. 1, September 2019) from Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (LIPI) on 18 September 2019.
- Panyonara: Journal of English Education got a decision letter (SK) of Printed ISSN (P-ISSN), number 0005.27148807/JI.3.1/SK.ISSN/2019 (edition of Vol. 1 No.1 September, 2019) from Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (LIPI) on 29 November 2019.
- By adjusting SK of Electronic and Printed ISSN from Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (LIPI), Panyonara: Journal of English Education began publishing on Vol. 1 No. 1 on September 2019. On the next, Panyonara: Journal of English Education publishes periodically twice a year, in March dan September.
- The following edition, Vol. 2 No. 1, published on March 2020, and Vol. 2 No. 2 in September 2020 and so as for the upcoming edition.
- To improve the quality and facility of Journal Service, the OJS system of Panyonara: Journal of English Education, along with other Journals at IAIN Madura, has migrated from OJS 2 to OJS 3 in March 2021. Consequently, the next edition of Vol. 3 No. 1 was published on March 2021 with the latest OJS 3 display.