As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines:
1) The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
2) The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
3) Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
4) The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
5) The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, found in About the Journal.
6) If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Papers submitted for publication must conform to the following guidelines:
- Articles should discuss the themes of Islamic Education Management or Leadership, Pesantren, Madrasah, or Islamic School Management, written either in Indonesian, English, or Arabic;
- Papers must be typed in one-half spaced on A4-paper size;
- The papers’ length is about 6,000-10,000 words;
- All submissions must include a 200-250 word abstract;
- The full name(s) of the author(s) must be stated, along with his/her/their institution
- All submissions should be in Open Office, Microsoft Word, RTF, or Word Perfect document file format;
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of McGill University;
- Bibliographical references must be noted in the footnote and bibliography according to the Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (complete note), and highly recommended to use Mendeley and Zotero software.
When a source is cited for the first time, full information is provided: full name(s) of the author(s), the title of the source in italics, place of publication, publishing company, date of publication, and the precise page that is cited. For the following citations of the same source, list the author’s last name, two or three words of the title, and the specific page number(s). The word ibid. may be used, but op.cit., and loc. cit. are not.